This is one cheeseball that’s party ready inside and out! White wine is added to the creamy goat cheese and herb mixture on the inside and gets soaked up by gorgeous ruby red pomegranate seeds that dress up the outside just to make sure you don’t miss it! What could be more delicious or festive than this?! Next best part is that it’s ready in a flash, leaving you time to get yourself ready for the party!
Makes: 6 appetizer servings
Active Time: 10 minutes
Fridge Time: 20 minutes
- 8 ounces softened mascarpone cheese, or regular cream cheese
- 4 ounces herb goat cheese
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt or Fleur De Sal
- 4 tablespoons Riesling or other dry white wine, divided
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- Combine all ingredients except for the pomegranate seeds and 2 tablespoons of the white wine in a small bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Use plastic wrap to form into a ball and wrap then once in fridge to form about 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place pomegranate seeds in a small dish and pour the remaining 2 tablespoons of wine over them to soak.
- Remove cheeseball from fridge when firm and place on a platter.
- Cover cheese ball with the vino soaked pomegranate seeds. Garnish with fresh herb sprigs, if desired, surround with crackers, and serve!
- Need another festive Pomegranate Recipe? Click here to try my Pomegranate Mojito!
Enjoy this recipe or have questions? Feel free to leave a comment!