Makes: 4 generous dollops for dessert toppings
Inactive Time: Overnight chilling in the refrigerator
Active Time: 5 minutes
- Solidified portion from 1 can full fat coconut milk chilled unopened in the fridge overnight until thoroughly chilled-reserve liquid for another use.
- 3-4 tablespoons sugar (a granulated or powdered sugar works best. If substituting a liquid sweetener you will likely need to use less to prevent the coconut cream from becoming too thin and runny.
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Open chilled can, scoop out only the hardened cream from the top of the can and add to a mixing bowl, reserving the remaining liquid at the bottom of the can for a smoothie or another use.
- Add sugar and vanilla and any other flavorings depending how you want to vary your whipped cream
- Using a hand mixer (Stand mixer will NOT yield the same result for this) beat mixture in medium high a few minutes until mixture is thoroughly whipped and creamy.
- Serve dolloped onto the dessert of your choice! Try it on my Vegan Strawberry Shortcut Mug Cake here or my No-Bake Vegan Lemon Pudding Pie Cups here!