Get a happy and healthy start to the day with this Raspberry and Coconut Oatmeal. A dreamy bowl of vegan raspberry and cream goodness thanks to coconut milk, roasted coconut coconut flakes, freeze dried raspberries, and roasted coconut cashews. Tastes amazing and feels so good it’s an oatmeal dream come true. If memories of gloppy overly sweet instant varieties in years past has made you anti-oatmeal I sympathize and used to feel the same way. Learning the technique to oatmeal with great texture and not overly sweet flavor contrasts is what won me over and this recipe includes all of those things that made me love it! I hope this is an oatmeal game changer for you too!
For my five tips to make the perfect no-mush oatmeal, click here!
Makes: 2 Servings
Time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup old fashioned oats or large steel cut oats NOT INSTANT OR QUICK OATS
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1/3 cup roasted coconut chips (like Trader Joe’s) or substitute unsweetened shredded coconut and toast in a pan until browned if desired
- 1/2 cup fresh, frozen, or freeze dried raspberries or a combination. (I like the texture of the freeze dried!)
- 1/3 cup roasted coconut cashews (I like Trader Joe’s) or regular roasted cashews, slivered or chopped
- 2/3 cup unsweetened vanilla coconut milk
Bring water to boil in a small pot over medium high heat. Add salt, oats, and coconut sugar, stir and lower heat to simmer. Cook oats for 5-7 minutes until oat grains have absorbed water and thickened. Turn heat off and add coconut milk and vanilla. Pour into bowls, top with roasted coconut chips and coconut cashews and serve.
Click here to register for our free monthly newsletter with updates on our latest recipes, tips, info on upcoming live cooking demos, and member only access to all recipes on Torte and Eat!