Tikka Masala Pizza
Naan your average pizza! A classic Indian dish meets pizza in this fun and delicious twist thanks to a rich and creamy vegan Masala sauce slathered on the dough. You can swap out the usual pizza dough for naan or cauliflower crust for an even more authentic flavor pairing and swap out the shredded chicken for shredded jackfruit or tofu to make this vegan. Any way you slice it this pizza will make you holla for masala!
Want to make this pizza even easier to throw together? Use leftovers from my Tikka Masala Chili in place of the sauce and veggies to top this pizza! Get the Tikka Masala Chili recipe here!
Makes: 8-10 slices
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Prep Time: 20-30 minutes
- 1 batch regular pizza dough, naan or cauliflower dough, homemade store bought
- 1 1/2 cups Tikka Masala sauce, divided-Click here for the recipe for my homemade vegan version with coconut milk. For a shortcut you can also use your favorite store bought brand, or better yet use my leftover Tikka Masala Chili for the sauce and veggies to top this pizza-Recipe here!)
- 1 cup shredded chicken or jackfruit (or cubed firm tofu)-Or omit if using leftover Tikka Masala Chili to top pizza.
- 1/2 red, yellow, or orange bell pepper, sliced thinly-Or you can omit if using leftover Tikka Masala Chili to top pizza.
- 1/2 small onion sliced thinly -Or you can omit if using leftover Tikka Masala Chili to top pizza.
- 1 cup Halloumi, mozzarella, or gouda Cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 450. Line a sheet pan with silicone liner or sprinkle flour on a pizza pan.
- Coat shredded chicken, jackfruit, or tofu with 1/2-2/3 cup of the sauce. Or skip this step if using leftover Tikka Masala Chili for the pizza.
- Spread out pizza dough if using. Place dough, naan or cauliflower crust on pizza pan or lined baking sheet. Place approximately 1/2 cup of the sauce (slightly more or less depending on the size of the dough and use any additional for drizzling in dough at end if desired) a d spread out over the dough.
- Add sauce coated chicken, jackfruit, or tofu on top of sauce and spread out evenly over dough. If using jackfruit or tofu sprinkle with a little extra salt.
- If using leftover Tikka Masala Chili, spread this mixture liberally over the pizza dough instead of the sauce and toppings in steps 3 & 4.
- Sprinkle sliced red bell pepper and onion on top (not necessary if using the Tikka Masala Chili filling unless preferred to add on top) and season with a little more salt. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes until bubbly and browned. Remove from oven and sprinkle with chopped cilantro. Serve with any extra sauce on the side.
Enjoy this recipe or have questions? Feel free to leave a comment!
Click here to register on our Home Page for our free newsletter featuring the latest recipes, tips, articles, info on my free live monthly cooking demos, and exclusive member access to all recipes on Torte and Eat!