Quick and Easy Breakfast Tacos with Creamy Avocado Sauce
These delicious, quick, easy and healthy breakfast tacos are the perfect way to celebrate the weekend but easy enough to have any morning of the week. I have had a special fondness for breakfast tacos and burritos since I was a kid growing up in northern California where they were abundant and often included an avocado element which I loved. So of course I had to include an avocado element of my own in these breakfast tacos which I did here in the form of a cool and creamy non-dairy avocado sauce, so good you could drink it all by itself! The filling is non-dairy too if you choose to omit the cheese and absolutely packed with flavor, hearty veggies, eggs, and black beans. Any time of day you choose to have them these breakfast tacos are guaranteed to satisfy!
Makes 8 tacos
Time: 20 minutes
- 4-6 eggs, whisked (or swap with 1/2 block of crumbled tofu that’s been drained and pressed for a vegan version)
- 1/2 can black beans
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 green onions, green parts only, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped spinach, optional
- 1/3 cup fresh salsa, optional
- 1/3 cup grated cheese of choice or crumbled queso fresco-omit to keep non-dairy
- 2 teaspoons sazon latin seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro, plus additional for serving, if desired.
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed in oven or microwave (I love to use an oven or toaster oven and warm them until they are still pliable but have a slight crunch on the surface.)
- At least 1/2 cup of creamy avocado sauce, recipe below. (So good you will likely want much more than a drizzle on these tacos!)
For The Scrambled Egg Taco filling:
To a medium skillet on medium heat add chopped bell pepper and cook for a couple minutes before adding mushrooms, tomatoes, green onions, and spinach if using. Stir and cook the veggies together for another couple of minutes. Add 1/2 can of drained and rinsed black beans and stir into mixture. (Very important to rinse and drain the liquid if you don’t want your eggs to look gray.) Add the eggs (or crumbled tofu if swapping for vegan version) and seasonings and stir until eggs are scrambled. Add the salsa in at this point if using, taste mixture and adjust seasonings if necessary. Stir in the cheese to melt and scoop into warmed tortillas. Top with extra cilantro and a drizzle of creamy avocado sauce.
For the Avocado Sauce:
Combine all ingredients except the coconut milk in a container or blender. Blend together using a hand held blender stick if not using the blender. Mixture should be nice and extra thick. Taste to adjust seasonings, then add the coconut milk and blend again. You can add it in stages if you wish until desired consistency is reached. Drizzle (more like pour) this delish creamy avocado sauce on breakfast tacos and serve!
Enjoy this recipe or have questions? Feel free to leave a comment!
Click here to register on our Home Page for our free newsletter featuring the latest recipes, tips, articles, info on my free live monthly cooking demos, and exclusive member access to all recipes on Torte and Eat!