No Bake Lemon Pudding Pie Cups (Non-Dairy, Egg Free, Vegan & GF)
A couple special ingredients makes this lovely lemon pudding non-dairy and egg free and it is bursting with bright flavor thanks to the use of both the zest and juice of fresh lemons. So easy to make and so delicious you won’t miss any dairy! It’s very versatile and can be used in pies, tarts, and bars. I love using it to top a coconut cashew no bake crust which I press into individual dessert glasses for an easy and elegant lemon pie dessert that is finished off perfectly with a generous dollop (or two) of whipped coconut cream.
- Zest from 3 large lemons
- Juice squeezed from 3 large lemons (About 1/2 cup)
- 8 ounce package silken tofu
- 3/4 cup raw turbinado sugar (or use a granulated sugar of your choice)
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric (gives the pudding a bright beautiful lemony yellow color!)
- 3/4 cup no-bake coconut cashew crust-see recipe below (or substitute your favorite no bake pie crust)
- Vegan coconut whipped cream, optional, for serving. Get the recipe here!
1. Combine all pudding ingredients in a blender and mix on high until combined.
2. Pour mixture into a saucepan and turn heat to slightly below medium, stirring well as it begins to heat, making sure the cornstarch stays well incorporated and doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan. Whisk constantly as mixture becomes hot and keep whisking until thickened and starting to bubble, about 5 minutes.
3. Pour the pudding over the crust pressed to the bottom of each glass. Chill in the refrigerator a few hours to cool and set. Top with coconut whipped cream and serve!
Coconut Cashew No-Bake Crust:
Makes about 3/4 cup -Enough for 4 small pie cups)
- 4 tablespoons almond flour
- 4 tablespoons shredded coconut, unsweetened or regular (If using unsweetened you may want to add the optional tablespoon of coconut sugar below.)
- 2 tablespoons roasted cashews (I like using Trader Joe’s coconut cashews which have a great coconut flavor and are lightly sweetened so I don’t always add the coconut sugar)
- 1 teaspoon reserved lemon zest
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of coconut sugar, optional
- 4 small dessert or cocktail glasses for serving
1. Combine almond flour, coconut, and roasted cashews, lemon zest, and salt in a small food processor or grinder and mix on high a few seconds until ground fine and well combined.
2. Stir in melted coconut oil and mix well until mixture is crumbly.
3. Scoop a couple tablespoons of the crust mixture into the bottom of each small glass, pressing firmly. Chill glasses with crust in fridge and pour in lemon pudding mixture when ready.
Like this recipe or have a question? Feel free to leave a comment below!
Hungry for more? Click here to register on our home page and receive our free monthly newsletter featuring the latest seasonal recipes, tips, articles, info on my free live monthly cooking demos, and exclusive member access to all recipes on Torte and Eat!