No-Bake Chocolate Raspberry Tarts (Vegan/GF & Non-Vegan/Non-GF Versions)
These tarts are perfect for chocolate lovers and full of surprises. You would never guess such rich and decadent desserts were vegan and gluten free. Or that they’re no bake and take just a few minutes to make! All the chocolate indulgence without the guilt and I promise you won’t miss the dairy! For a dairy non-GF version of this tart see ingredients swap outs in recipes notes below!
Makes 4 mini tarts or 1 9-inch tart
Active Time: 15 minutes
Chilling Time: 1-2 hours
For GF Chocolate Tart Crust:
- 1½ cups almond flour
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup or agave
- Pinch of kosher salt
Chocolate Vegan Ganache Filling:
- ½ cup canned full-fat coconut milk
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped or vegan chocolate chips
- ¼ cup pure fruit raspberry preserves or raspberry purée sweetened with agave or raw sugar
- 1 cup fresh or freeze dried raspberries
- Chocolate shavings, optional
- Vegan cocoa whipped cream, optional (see recipe below)
Combine all crust ingredients together in a bowl.
2. Grease bottom and sides with mini tart pan with removable bottom or larger 9 inch tart pan with removable bottom with coconut oil.
3. Press crust into tart pan and up sides firmly.
4. Heat coconut milk on saucepan to scalding point removing just prior to boiling. Pour over chopped chocolate or chocolate chips in a bowl and let stand one minute. Stir to combine the cream and melted chocolate chips until smooth.
5. Divide raspberry purée or pure fruit preserves evenly among the chocolate tarts if making minis, about 1 tablespoon each tart, spreading evenly over the crust. (If using freeze dried raspberries chop up slightly and add the majority to the tart bottoms as well, reserving a couple tablespoons to sprinkle on the top.)
6. Pour chocolate filling into shells and smooth tops evenly. Place fresh raspberries on top and press slightly to secure onto filling. Refrigerate 1-2 hours until chilled and set. Garnish with chocolate shavings, and serve with vegan cocoa whipped cream, if desired.
For Vegan Cocoa Whipped Cream:
Refrigerate 1 can full fat coconut milk until chilled. Remove the top solidified portion of the coconut milk and reserve the liquid for another use. Using a hand mixer whip the cold coconut cream with 1/2 tablespoon cacao or dark cocoa powder, 1/4 cup powdered sugar, and 1 half teaspoon pure vanilla until semi firm peaks form. Dollop on top of chocolate tarts.
To make a dairy non-GF version of this tart, make the following ingredient substitutions:
In the filling:
1. Replace the extra dark non-dairy chocolate chips with regular semisweet chocolate chips, if you wish
2. Replace the coconut milk with heavy cream
In the tart crust:
1. Replace the almond flour with finely ground chocolate sandwich cookies (crush them up fine in a food processor)
2. Swap the melted coconut oil with melted butter
3. Swap out the maple syrup with a couple tablespoons of sugar if you wish or you can leave it, either way.
Click here to register for our free monthly newsletter with updates on our latest recipes, tips, info on upcoming live cooking demos, and member only access to all recipes on Torte and Eat!