Check out the how-to video to make my botanical inspired version of the classic lemon drop by clicking the link below
Lemon Cucumber Basil Drop Martini:
- 1 1/2 cups basil sugar, divided (see recipe below)
- Basil Simple Syrup (see recipe below)
- Fresh Cucumber Juice (see below)
To cocktail shaker filled with ice add:
- 4 oz regular or citron vodka
- 1 1/2 ounces fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 ounces fresh cucumber juice
- (Made by blending 1/2 cup peeled chopped cucumber with a splash, then straining through a sieve)
- 1 oz elderflower liquor
- 1 oz Basil simple syrup
- Combine 1 cup basil sugar with 1 cup water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil stirring frequently. Once sugar is dissolved throw in a few additional fresh basil leaves to steep in the mixture and remove from heat. After about 20 minutes remove the basil leaves and pour syrup into container to cool.
- Shake up the mixture about 40 or 50 times to get it perfectly chilled.
Enjoy this recipe or have questions? Feel free to leave a comment! Thirsty for more? Click here to register on our Home Page for our free newsletter featuring the latest recipes, tips, articles, info on my free live monthly cooking demos and exclusive member access to all recipes on Torte and Eat!