Goat Cheese, Balsamic, and Berry Pizza
If you’ve never had a pizza featuring the sweet side of goat cheese and balsamic and aren’t sure whether you’re going like it let me assure you, you will! There’s a reason that berries, balsamic and goat cheese go together and you taste it in this pizza! This makes such an elegant and delicious not-to-sweet breakfast, brunch, or dessert pizza that is sure to surprise and delight your pizza eaters!
Makes: 8 slices
Baking Time: 12-15 minutes
Prep Time 10 minutes
- 1 batch of purchased or homemade pizza dough
- 4 ounces of plain goat cheese or honey goat cheese, at room temperature
- 4 ounces of mascarpone cheese at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Powdered sugar for sprinkling over pizza
- Zest of one orange
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups of fresh or frozen chopped raspberries or strawberries or a combination
- 1 tablespoon of sugar for sprinkling on berries
For Raspberry Balsamic Syrup:
- 1/3 cup balsamic syrup
- 1/3 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 3 tablespoons sugar
1. Preheat oven to 425.
2. On a lightly floured and silicone lined baked sheet, stretch out your pizza dough in a circle as thinly as possible. Sprinkle dough with a bit of granulated sugar, especially on edges, if desired. Bake for approximately 12-15 minutes, remove and let cool.
While pizza is cooking make raspberry balsamic reduction:
3. In a small saucepot combine balsamic vinegar with fresh or frozen raspberries and sugar. Stir to combine and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat slightly and let sauce for approximately 10 minutes or until balsamic reduces and thickens to a syrupy consistency. Keep a close eye on it as it can go from reduced to burnt very quickly!
4. While balsamic cooks combine chopped berries in a bowl and sprinkle with a spoonful of granulated sugar. Set aside.
5. Combine mascarpone and goat cheese in a small bowl until well combined. Add in the honey, 1/2 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract, and orange zest, and stir to mix.
6. Once pizza crust has cooled to slightly warm, spread cheese mixture on top leaving a 1-inch border around the edge. Scatter berries over the cheese and drizzle liberally with slightly cooled raspberry balsamic syrup. Sprinkle generously with powdered sugar and serve!