Gnocchi, Veggie, & Sausage Cheat Sheet Dinner
Who doesn’t love a weeknight dinner cheat sheet? I do, especially on those extra chaotic nights when I need to get dinner done in a big hurry!
This quick and easy delicious gnocchi sheet pan dinner is one of my absolute favorites and comes together in a snap! I add broccoli, mushrooms, turkey or veggie sausage, and gnocchi, and all get beautifully roasted and crispy in about 20 minutes! I love using my homemade gnocchi and roasted garlic and red bell pepper sauce with this recipe (both of which can be made and frozen by the way) but you can absolutely cheat on those ingredients too and use your favorite store bought brands. I promise you and your family will be very happy either way!
This is such a delicious and comforting way to get your pasta fix and keep it light and healthy at the same time. These chilly winter nights are calling for this super satisfying and cozy sheet pan gnocchi bake!
Active Prep Time: Approximately 10 minutes for cheat sheet and 10 minutes for Roasted Garlic Pepper Sauce
Baking Time: Approximately 25-30 minutes for cheat sheet and 30 minutes to Roast Garlic and Bell Pepper for Sauce
(Put them in the oven together to save time!)
For Cheat Sheet:
- 2 cups cooked gnocchi, homemade or store bought-Get my easy go-to homemade gnocchi recipe here!
- 1 cup turkey or vegetarian sausage, chopped or crumbled into large pieces
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup medium broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher or sea salt
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced parmesan, or grated if preferred
- Small handful of fresh basil, sliced into ribbons
- 1 1/2 cups Roasted Garlic Pepper Sauce: (Or substitute with your favorite store bought sauce if preferred)
- 1 large bell pepper roasted at 400 about 30 minutes until skin has shriveled (or can substitute 1 12 oz jar of roasted bell peppers.)
- 1 14 oz can roasted diced tomatoes
- A few sprigs fresh basil, torn
- 1/4 cup roasted garlic cloves (or 1 head garlic roasted and squeezed to release cloves)
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Splash of red wine or red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons kosher or sea salt
- For the Sauce: combine roasted garlic pepper sauce ingredients to a bowl if using an immersion blender, or into regular blender. Blend ingredients until smooth. Taste to adjust seasonings and set aside.
- For the Gnocchi Cheat Sheet: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a large sheet pan with foil and set aside.
- Add turkey or veggie sausage, chopped broccoli, sliced mushrooms, and cooked gnocchi to the sheet pan. Drizzle on olive oil, toss, and spread out ingredients in an even layer. Sprinkle ingredients with salt and fresh pepper.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes, turning the sausage pieces and gnocchi over halfway through to crisp evenly in both sides.
- Remove, drizzle the roasted red pepper sauce over the sausage, gnocchi, and veggies, and return to the oven for an additional 5-10 minutes to heat sauce and melt Parmesan.
- Remove, sprinkle with ribbons of fresh basil, and serve!
Enjoy this recipe or have questions? Feel free to leave a comment!
Click here to register on our Home Page for our free newsletter featuring the latest recipes, tips, articles, info on my free live monthly cooking demos, and exclusive member access to all recipes on Torte and Eat!