Spinach Pesto Breakfast Pesto Pizza
The sunny side up breakfast pizza of my dreams! Soft baked eggs atop a bed of fresh spinach pesto sauce, with roasted tomatoes and a sprinkle of feta makes this an extra legit and guilt free pizza to eat first thing in the morning and tastes amazing any time of day! (i.e. breakfast for dinner?) Showstopper at a brunch party and casual enough for a fun twist on a lazy weekend breakfast. Thank you pizza for being so versatile!
Click here for the link to another favorite fun pizza twist for breakfast or dessert: Goat Cheese and Balsamic Berry Pizza! For an extra fun passport pizza dinner try my Tikka Masala Pizza here!
Makes 8 slices
Cooking Time: Approximately 30 minutes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
- 1 recipe purchased or homemade pizza dough
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach pesto-Click here for recipe
- 4 eggs, medium or large
- 2 roma tomatoes, sliced
- Salt and pepper
- Drizzle of olive oil for roasting tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta or goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 400.
- On a silicone or parchment lined baking sheet spread out tomato slices, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast approximately 20-30 minutes while you make the pesto and assemble the pizza.
- Stretch out pizza dough onto lightly floured silicone lined baking sheet. About 10 minutes before tomatoes are done place the dough in the oven and bake for approximately 9 minutes. Remove dough along with the tomatoes.
- Spread pesto liberally over partially baked pizza dough. Place roasted tomato slices on the pizza leaving spaces in between for the eggs. Make a small indentation in four sections of the dough spread out in between the tomato slices to help create a nestling point for your eggs. Surround the indentation with a circle of chopped fresh spinach to form a little barrier that will help keep your eggs from running off the edges of the pizza.
- Crack the eggs into the center of the fresh spinach rings and season with a sprinkle of salt a grind of fresh pepper.
- Place in oven and bake the pizza for an additional 9 minutes or so until egg whites are set and times are still slightly runny. Some ovens run hotter than others so check after five minutes and remove as soon as the eggs are set to preferred doneness.
- Remove and sprinkle pizza with crumbled feta or goat cheese while pizza is still hot so that the cheese crumbles melt just slightly. Let cool slightly, then slice and serve!
Click here to register and receive our free monthly newsletter with the latest featured recipes, tips, articles, info on free live monthly cooking demos, and exclusive member access to all recipes on Torte and Eat!