Have your pie and drink it too with this Pumpkin Pie Martini! I love all things in Pumpkin in the fall so I mean no offense when I confess that I personally crave more exciting takes on the traditional pumpkin pie for dessert. This martini version delivers just that. All the deep pumpkin spice flavor of the classic pie beautifully pumped up by the vodka and baileys and lightened perfectly with a little cream (or coconut milk for a vegan version). Plus the perfect toppings to create that pie effect: a crushed gingersnap rim, spiced whipped cream and a gingersnap cookie garnish. The pumpkin pie of my dreams and I think you’ll ‘fall’ in love with it too!
Servings: 2 people
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Check out the how-to video:
- Maple syrup for coating rim
- 2 gingersnap cookies or vegan alternative spice cookies, crushed fine (food processor works well for this)
- 1 Tbs orange sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- 2 Tbs pumpkin purée
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1-2 tsp vanilla
- 2-3 Tbs maple syrup (depending how sweet you like it)
- 1 ounce baileys or pumpkin liquor
- 2 oz cream (or full fat coconut milk for vegan version)
- 2 oz vodka
- Cubed ice
For Spiced Whipped Cream:
- 1/3 cup whipped cream (or 1 can full fat coconut milk for vegan version)
- 3 TBS white or brown sugar, or maple syrup
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or mix of cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger)
- Cinnamon stick and gingersnap cookie, optional
Pour a small amount of maple syrup onto plate and dip rims of martini glasses. On a separate plate combine crushed gingersnaps (or vegan alternative spice cookie), orange sugar and cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice and dip maple rimmed glasses into sugar mixture. Set aside while you prepare martini mixture.
In a cocktail shaker add pumpkin purée, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, maple syrup (depending how sweet you like it), and give it a little stir to combine. Add Baileys or pumpkin liquor, cream (or full fat coconut milk for vegan version), vodka, and ice. Cover and shake well. Pour into two martini glasses with gingersnap rims.
Whip heavy cream to soft peaks using mixture on high speed. (For vegan version refrigerate 1 can full fat coconut milk overnight, open and scoop out the top portion, and whip in mixer instead of the heavy cream.) Continue whipping and add sugar (or brown sugar or maple syrup), pumpkin pie spice (or mix of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger), and vanilla extract. Fill piping bag and swirl onto martini or use spoon to dollop on top. Garnish with cinnamon stick and gingersnap or cinnamon sugar pie crust for garnish.
Enjoy this recipe or have questions? Feel free to leave a comment! Thirsty for more? Click here to register on our Home Page for our free newsletter featuring the latest recipes, tips, articles, info on my free live monthly cooking demos and exclusive member access to all recipes on Torte and Eat!