- 4 red or Yukon gold potatoes (sliced semi thinly as preferred- I slice about 1/8-1/4 inch thick)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Zest of one lemon (optional)
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 or 3 sprigs fresh oregano (leaves stripped off stem and chopped fine)
- 1/2 cup olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 tsp each Salt & Pepper for marinade, (plus more to taste for sprinkling on potatoes.)
- 1 tsp Vegan “Chickenless” Poultry seasoning (like Trader Joe’s Brand)
- Preheat oven to 400. On 2 silicone lined baking sheets place thinly sliced potatoes flat in rows. (I like silicone sheets because it prevents potatoes from sticking while baking. If you don’t have silicone, parchment would also help prevent sticking. You can use foil but might want to coat the foil with a little oil before adding the potatoes and meep an extra eye on them during baking to prevent sticking.) Drizzle tops of potato slices with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and ground pepper. Place in oven and bake 15-20 minutes. (If sliced extra thinly bake for 15 minutes to keep them from over crisping too soon.)
- Meanwhile, make the marinade. Combine lemon zest, juice, fresh oregano, chickenless poultry seasoning, salt and pepper, and garlic. Drizzle in olive whisking continuously until mixture is emulsified. This makes enough marinade to drizzle on potatoes during and after baking. (There will also be leftover marinade to use on chicken or fish if desired to pair with potatoes.)
- After 15 minutes flip the potato slices and drizzle on a few spoonfuls of lemon garlic marinade, making sure each slices gets a bit of the mixture. (Make sure you dip spoon to bottom of the measuring cup to get some of the minced garlic in the spoonfuls since it tends to sink to the bottom.) Sprinkle potato slices with a little more salt and pepper if desired and bake for additional 15-20 minutes depending on the thickness of your potato slices, keeping an eye on them and adjusting baking time according to the thickness of your potato slices to ensure they don’t over or under crisp.
- When done baking place potato slices on a platter and drizzle with additional reserved marinade if desired. Enjoy as is, with a sprinkle of feta crumbles, or with a dollop of feta tzatziki sauce. These potatoes make a very satisfying side dish on their own or pair perfectly with grilled veggies for a summery vegetarian meal. Meat eaters can use the leftover marinade on grilled chicken or fish to enjoy alongside the potatoes. Everybody wins! Opa!
Enjoy this recipe or have questions? Feel free to leave a comment!
Click here to register on our Home Page for our free newsletter featuring the latest recipes, tips, articles, info on my free live monthly cooking demos, and exclusive member access to all recipes on Torte and Eat!