Makes: 24 servings
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Bake Time: 30 minutes
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for the pan
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- Zest of half an orange, plus more for frosting
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract, plus more for frosting
- 3/4 teaspoon pure orange extract, plus more for frosting
- 1/2 teaspoon pure almond extract (you can omit the almond extract if desired but it does give it a nice added depth of flavor)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips, plus 1/2 cup more for topping
- 1/2 cup orange or regular dried cranberries, plus more for topping.
- 2/3 cup orange white chocolate cream cheese frosting (recipe follows)
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips, melted (for drizzling)
- 1/3 cup chopped dried orange or regular cranberries (for sprinkling)
Orange White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips, melted
- 2 Tbs unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 pure orange extract
- Zest of half an orange
- Splash of milk or heavy cream (2-4 Tablespoons)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8-inch-square baking pan with foil, pressing it into the corners and up the sides of pan, leaving an overhang on sides. Grease foil with butter.
- Melt 4 tablespoons of butter in a pan or bowl, add brown sugar, vanilla and orange extracts and mix together. Let cool slightly, then stir in the egg and orange zest.
- Whisk the flour, salt and baking powder in a small bowl. Stir into the butter mixture. Stir in the white chocolate chips, coat dried cranberries in a little flour and stir those in as well. Add to prepared pan and bake until set, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool 15 minutes on a rack, then lift the foil and transfer the blondies to the rack to cool completely. Remove the foil, spread with orange white chocolate cream cheese frosting. Drizzle with remaining melted white chocolate and sprinkle with dried chopped cranberries. Let set until white chocolate hardens; you can set in fridge as well for this. Cut into squares, then cut squares into triangles and serve!
To Make Orange White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting:
Combine butter and cream cheese in stand mixer bowl (or use hand held mixer) and beat on medium speed to combine. Turn off and add melted white chocolate then turn back to medium and mix to incorporate. Turn off and add powdered sugar, then turn to low gradually increasing to medium speed and mix well. Add in vanilla and orange extracts, orange zest, and a splash of milk or cream to whip up mixture a little better if it seems a little thick. If using heavy cream, switch to whisk attachment so heavy cream thickens up the mixture even more.
Click here to register and receive our free monthly newsletter with seasonal recipes, tips, exclusive members access to all recipes on Torte and Eat, info on upcoming cooking demos, and more!